Thursday, December 15, 2005

Apparently I was grouchy

Because I was coming down with a cold. I woke at 1:30 because Chris was snoring his head offI had a swollen throat and a raging headache. I took drugs and went back to bed but woke in the morning feeling none the better. I spent most of the day trying to work, drink hot tea, and not be too grouchy. It was actually a fairly productive day. Motivated by something Chris said to him, Max was incredibly responsible about getting his work done. He kept plugging away at his list -- only stumbling over a Latin exercise relating root words to their derivatives. It is in this one area that the age difference between the student for whom the program was written and the age/grade of the student in my house becomes a problem. I let him cheat and use the online etymology dictionary. It was some help.

Because it's been so flippin' cold, I finished putting plastic over the windows in our bedroom and living room. The improvement was immediate. I still need to do the windows in the twins' room and two windows in the basement and then I'll be done. I'm not fond of this task, nor particularly good at it. Oh, well.

In the late afternoon I took the twins to go run a few errands. This ended up taking three times longer than I thought it would, but we survived and came home. I was working on our Christmas packages as it seems that tomorrow is the 15th already and I'd better get things mailed. I had some diet mountain dew and then since that was good I had another cup and then another and THEN I realized that seeing as how I've really, really cut back on the caffeine lately, it probably wasn't wise to drink three cup of mountain dew at 7:30 at night.

So here we are . . .

at least I got more work done.

No comments: