Sunday, January 06, 2008



We took this picture this morning (Yes! Yes, take down the tree is on my to-do list for this week!) Mostly we're hoping to send the picture to my grandmother, who sent a generous Christmas gift for all of us, and new church clothes is part of what we bought with it (Ben and Milo's pants in the photo were their birthday present from Gramma Gaye). Ben and Milo have matching red ties and Chris and Max have matching orange ties. They look spiffy and somehow manage not to clash.

We're still adjusting to the new winter schedule. Chris leaving every morning at 6:15 am and me getting up 45 minutes later to wake the kids and get us all out the door. It's still more rushed than I'd like and I'm contemplating just getting up at 6:15 when he gets up. Skiing should start tomorrow but we have a freakish warm spell taking us to 60 degrees both tomorrow and Tuesday and the mountain will be a mudslide, not a ski lodge. Maybe it's just as well since piano lessons start up again this week and it's going to be a full week.

More updates later in the week. I need to chase the kids off to bed before it gets any later.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Did you get my email about the light box? Sometimes I'm not sure if they're actually going out. I totally know how it feels to be rushed in the morning. We seem to be in a continual state of "hurry up or you'll be late." Of course, I have a child who just will not be rushed. She dawdles over everything. And if I try to hurry her, she seems to slow down. Being late doesn't seem to matter to her (she has the Webb gene.) She reminds me of the essay in "Hide Tide from Tuscan" by Barbara Kingsolver. It's about her daughter and her need for "cow time," time to do whatever she wants for however long she wants to do it. Someday I'll get it down.
S.