Sunday, November 06, 2005

Today

Today in Sacrament meeting we arrived late, so we had to sit in the center, only three pews back. This put us next to a nice family with three teen-aged girls. Milo blushed and avoided eye contact for the first half of the meeting, but then the girl closest to him won him over by drawing him pictures of cats and dogs and labeling them. CAT DOG etc. Then she handed him the pen.

My kids do their best with an audience.

Milo wrote A B C in the most perfect penmenship I've ever seen come from a kid who is still "fwee."
Ben stole the pen and paper and wrote BEN BEN BEN BEN BEN in every spot left on the page.

The teenagers were charmed. It was mutual. Sacrament meeting was eaaaassyyy today.

I tried something new with my food order forms today. I put five separate copies of the order form in folders and put one in the foyer, one to pass around in Sunday School, one to pass around in primary and young women's and one to pass around in Relief Society. This worked much better than just passing it around in Relief Society. I'll do it again next week and then place this month's order. This month we're ordering macaroni, rice, hot chocolate, and vegetable oil. The ward owns a food saver, so I'll bring that home with me the week the order arrives (this one is coming mostly from the cannery in Maryland) and people can bring their own food saver bags and rebag the macaroni and rice into smaller packets.

Day passed. BLT's for lunch, except me who had a BLT salad. Healthy version of corn chowder for dinner. I worked. At one point I got up from my "desk" and came back to find a post-it note stuck to the screen.

Max's goals:
Monday: $4.00
tusday: $3.25

I was pleased on two points.
1) If you're going to save for something you want, it's good to set reasonable goals for earning the money.
2) with the exception of poor Tuesday there, it's nicely capitalized and punctuated. (We kind of skipped over that last year. heh. Much better this year.)

No comments: