Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary


The tomatoes can't believe their luck, but the cucumbers aren't talking to me since I staked them and ruined their plans for world dominion. I didn't mention that based on their growth so far, I don't have a lot of confidence in the stakes, either--but what's a girl to do? The peppers are having a hard enough time as it is. The zuchinni is oblivious to everyone else and is just happily growing over the side of the bed and into the weeds below--which is exactly what I want it to do.

In spite of the drama of the weather report--it's really like one thunderstorm a day, and so far mostly at 2am. We went swimming as a family last night and followed it up with a dipped cone at Dairy Queen. Ben and Milo went up the steps of the water slide at the pool with Max. Ben came back down the steps. After many false starts, Milo got going. And although his face said, "Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!" as he came down the chute--as he splashed happily into the waiting arms of the lifeguard below (the sign says clearly they have to be able to swim, but this rule is waived whenever there is a reasonable number of people at the pool.) he declared, "I wanna go again!" And he did. Many times. "A MILLION times!" he told Chris. But he'll have to make that cumulative.

Work is kicking my tushka. So, I'd better get back to it.

No comments: