Monday, September 11, 2006

More Funny Conversations at Home

Enter, stage right, Alaska with a Vis-a-Vis marker. She starts jotting things down on Chris's calendar.

Chris stops painting for a moment and squints at calendar.

Alaska: Tomorrow is Back-to-School Night.
Chris: But they already went back to school.
Alaska: It's not for the kids. It's for us. We're not even supposed to bring the kids.
Chris: We have to get a sitter for Back-to-School night?
Alaska: Or just one of us goes. Do you want to go?
Chris: Yes, but I want you to go with me.
Alaska: [squints at clock. It's 8:40 pm.] I'll call and see if I can find a sitter.
[points further down calendar] On this day I have a PAC meeting.
Chris: Political Action Committee?
Alaska: Parental Advisory Council. I gotta go because I think I may be--[stops as Chris's eyebrow crawls up to where his hairline used to be]--not the fund raiser! I'm not the fund raiser!
Chris: Ok, but . . .
Alaska: The secretary. And just so you know, I told them that sometimes I'm really busy with work and on those nights you could go and take notes for me.
Chris: [sighs] I might as well start introducing myself now as the secretary.

++++++++++++
I am a matter of hours away from being totally caught up with work. Tomorrow I might even get to nap!! I'm so excited! I finished the first baby sweater. I hope to make good practice on the second one tomorrow.

No comments: