Friday, July 13, 2007

To Everything There Is a Season

And a purpose to every canner under heaven.

Our kitchen, which had looked like something from a "Cops" episode--the ones with the drug dens and the multitude of unwashed pots and pans--isn't so bad now. I finished up my last work due for the week around mid-morning and set to work doing dishes and reclaiming counter space so I could do a few batches of blueberry jam. (Cue Michelle Shocked song about strawberry jam.)

In the end I only got one batch of jam done because around 2pm I lay down on the couch for a short nap and came to around 6:30 pm. Everyone else had already had dinner. I was trying to figure out what day it was and what state we were living in. (Kidding about that last part. Y'all know I know what state I'm living in.)

I did a lot of workwork this week, and since the big Walton food storage order came in yesterday and there were piano lessons for all three boys and I went and looked at a house for dear MIL, and there was the 2-hr allergy appointment for Big Max and the whole blueberry run thing . . . well, it was just a REALLY busy week.

Except that I don't have to do any workwork all weekend. Isn't that awesome? So tomorrow I'm doing the second and final batch of blueberry jam and will finish cleaning the kitchen and living room and somewhere in there I should put in a few hours at the garden, battling the weeds.

Boys getting wild--must be time to wrangle them up and put them to bed :)

No comments: