Saturday, October 01, 2005

Belle and the Castle

Ben and Milo are in LOVE. While they've long been prone to finding a good video and watching it daily, sometimes even twice, they've never done this before with a feature length movie. A few day ago, however, they discovered the movie Beauty and the Beast. We've had this on DVD for a few years, but it was MY movie and the menfolk only tolerated it as the occasional chick flick.

Not Ben and Milo. They are enthralled. They watched it three times today alone. It gets 'em every time. In addition to the fact that they just adore Belle, you can tell they're trying to make sense of the basic plot. I don't know how much exposure they've had to the whole "spell on a castle" plot. We don't do a lot of classic fairy tales here. (Because I'm a rotten mom, that's why.)

It was a good day although it didn't feel extraordinarily productive. I'm on a "finish things" kick right now. I have a list of "loose ends" or "thing that I've been putting off for long enough now" and I'm slowly making my way through them. There is a sense of relief for many of them, but you know, there's a reason I've been putting them off. Nevertheless the living room carpet is a lot cleaner since I shampooed it (until the darn valve on the thingy that holds all the water broke). I mailed packages I've been meaning to mail. That sort of thing.

My goal for the rest of the evening is to knit for my own happiness. I was going to try to do work but I kept sneaking away to knit that I decided after a few HOURS of this that I needed to just get a clue and let myself knit.

Tomorrow I'll pay for that, but that's tomorrow.

Chris and I had a very nice mid-day date today (we were going to do the classic night date until a compassionate local informed us that there would be about a three-hour wait for a table since there was a late afternoon Penn State home football game which would then flood the town with post football revelry). It was beautiful weather. When we were done with lunch we went downtown and explored the artsy fartsy stores. We didn't buy anything but found a used movie/music store that looked interesting.

My "o" key isn't wrking prperly. I'm tired of ging back and hitting it a second time to make it wrk.

No comments: