Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Inch by Inch, Row by Row . . .

Max grew again. I looked at the boy today and my "growth spurt" alarm went screeching off. Quickly, I suited up in his helmet and shoulder pads and tackled him, pinning him to the wall long enough to mark his height. Then I went to get to my tape measure. Sure enough -- another quarter inch -- bringing his total growth to an inch since March.

An inch! That's rebellion if I ever saw it.

9 more inches and he'll be my height. I'm thinkin' at this rate . . . that's the year he's twelve. You think? I'll have to ask BabaGaye. She'll remember when her little insurgent got to her height -- and she's taller than me by at least three or four inches.

Not to be outdone, we had to roll Ben and Milo's pant legs down again. Some of their pants are fully unrolled now.

Where is a good melodramatic sob icon when you need one?

+++++++++

I got some work done. Not as much as I wanted but enough so that I'll get that first lesson finished tomorrow if I skip the grocery auction at Belleville. I still need to pick up some items at Peight's for the food order, so I'll go out that way in the morning anyway, but I'll try to force myself to skip the auction. The tomato fairy left a box of tomatoes on my porch two days ago anyway. I still have potatoes from last week. I still have hot peppers from last week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I can't believe how much canning you do! Where do you find the time?! You're a better LDS woman than I am. The only thing I've ever canned is Apple products and jam. That's it. You definately have the food storage edge and good wholesome food. I worship the kitchen floor you walk on.
S.

Sheila said...

At least you have 9 more inches. I have FOUR!!! Just four more inches and my 9 year old will be tall as me. He'll be patting me on my head in no time. I'm not all that tall so I knew it was ineveitable. His foot has ben larger than mine for a year now. It's surreal.

Dy said...

Ok, I'm updating the sidebar on Monday (then I can quit getting here through Chris' blog, lol). But you need to, um, you know, BLOG SOMETHING. :-D

Hoping you are enjoying your season of preparation and those precious children.
Dy