Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Evening and Where Did the Day Go?

The day didn't get off to a promising start. The mail brought news we could have lived without, a rousing fight with the State of California Franchise Tax Board. It made me cry so Chris took the paper and called and did his best PupDaddy growling and may have actually cleared the whole thing up already. Good Daddy!

I had what seemed like a million things to do to get ready for tonight's first parent/teacher organization meeting (which, like most things in Pennsylvania, is called something different than everywhere else in the U.S.) but if I say Parent Advisory Committee, none of you will know what I'm talking about. So I spent most of the morning working on that and then a couple hours in the afternoon running errands to copy things. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to school to run the extended day Readers' Theatre club. My second graders are sooooo much easier to keep on task than my (Tuesday afternoon) first graders. The time flew by and we scooped up our pups and headed over to grandma's house to help install her new washer.

Then we hurried home and made sausage gravy with biscuits, left the kids with Gaye, and hurried off to meetings. Chris went to a boyscout meeting and I went to my parent org meeting and . . . we met. Chris got home first and freed Gaye.

So here we are back home. All the puppies in bed. Catching our breath and getting ready to put ourselves to bed. But we both agree--tomorrow we have GOT to get some workwork done.
The missionaries are coming for a late dinner and I'm making taco pizza. There's laundry to wash and clean laundry to put away and workworkwork to do.

Makes me want chocolate.

No comments: