Thursday, August 10, 2006

Grandpa and Grandma Donna

We have had Grandpa and Grandma Donna visiting this week. It's been a very nice visit and we are all thrilled to have them but the twins are beside themselves. (Max is very happy they're here, too--but he is starting to display some pre-teen characteristics including the tendency to sit in the background and play video games instead of engaging in meaningful conversation. This seems to be okay since Ben simply won't shut up long enough to let any of the rest of us talk anyway.)

We went to football practice (of course) and to Belleville to the Amish farmer's market and the grocery auction and we ate yummy fresh fruit and vegetables and talked a lot. We were supposed to go to Whipple Dam today, but my ongoing insomnia caught up with me this week and I had to go back to bed. So my Dad and Chris fixed the broken gate in the back and Grandma Donna led the twins in making "egg cakes" (orange cake mix poured into these egg-shaped cupcake tins) and then we all ate egg cakes for the rest of the day. Later everyone but me went to see Barnyard. I don't know what the movie is about but everytime Milo tried to tell me about a scene he laughed so hard he couldn't talk. So they enjoyed it. I got that much.

Both have recently retired and swear they'll be visiting more often. Perhaps next time we can get up to Whipple Dam. From here they go on to visit my brother and sister-in-law and meet their newest grandson. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa--and come again soon :)

No comments: