Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday Night

I went to another school board meeting tonight. No decision was made. Lordy it was a LONG meeting. Like riding an emotional roller coaster, really, since we have no Plan B at this point if the school does not receive approval to add on another three grades. The item is back on the agenda for January as an action item. It had been changed to another discussion item this time. It's clear that the board has an interest in supporting us, but it's not clear yet which way they will vote.

The one thing I know for sure: I made a lot of progress on Big Foot Jr's second sock. I should get the toe finished tomorrow and move on to Milo's sock.

Let the record show I am formally griping about the size of the feet of the man I married and the children we have produced. The boy is ten years old and has feet 10 inches from heel to toe. That's just wrong.

Mr. B, the fifth-grade teacher, let it be known that he wouldn't mind it if I knit HIM a sock. I said I'd consider it if the school board approves the charter amendment.

Then I came home and counted lines in my most recent reading lesson until my eyes felt like they might bleed. Chris is looking for spelling errors. I'm going to bed. I have an insane amount of work to do tomorrow and I want so badly to be on the other side of that day because after tomorrow work gets a smidge easier with each passing day until Saturday when I am really and truly OFF for 6 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10? As in ten? As in wha?

You have my sympathy.
Poppins