Tuesday, July 05, 2005

You Learn Something New Everyday

So I'm reading along at Effervecence and I stumble across a delightful knitting witticism that I've never heard before. Did she invent it herself?
In other sock knitting news, though, I frogged (rip it, rip it) my lace sock back to the third row. In other words, I undid all of the lace and started it over.
I cannot wait to use FROGGED (or frogging) in context. I'm sure, the way my projects are going, that I will have the opportunity soon.

And now, I leave you with some Justin Roberts. He is my fave children's music guy that totally appeals to any adult with a sense of humor. He's an ex-montessori teacher. It shows.

Dad Caught Stars
It was a summer night oh yes it was it was mmmmmmm
It was a summer night oh yes it was it was mmmmmmm
When my Dad caught stars in his hand
Yeah my Dad caught stars then he let them go
And he'd sing na na na na na na blue moon
And I'd go hey hey yeah yeah mmmmmm
It was so dark, we could hardly see
Yes it was so dark, just him and me
Then I said, "Hey Dad, the stars have fallen down."
And he said, "Hey yeah, the stars are all around."
And it was so dark we couldn't see too far
Yes it was so dark we kept catching stars
Then I said, "Hey, Dad, we better go inside."
And he said, "hey yeah, just one more firefly."
My Dad caught stars in his hand
My Dad caught stars then he let them go
And he'd sing na na na na na na blue moon
And I'd go hey hey yeah yeah mmmmmmm
Not Naptime animation

His website

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...such a cool blog!!! =)...never seen something like this before...haha...good job!

Anonymous said...

w/quilting, we call it the frog stitch. same sound. rip it rip it....

-k

Barbara said...

Kristen is right. I first stumbled across "frogging" for ripping out stitches in the counted cross stitch world. Some years later it was an old "friend" when I started knitting in February!