Friday, September 16, 2005

I take it back

I was putting in the second round of salsa, trying to decide what I thought about having ruined 16 pints of salsa with too much chili -- when I decided that, duh -- we love chili! I'll just mark it "chili base" and add that to beans and hamburger and ta-da!

There was only about a quarter cup left when I'd finished filling the last jar, so I dug around in the cupboard until I found some different chips. The first batch I'd used are lime encrusted tortilla chips. The ones I found are simple round tortilla chips. So I take a bite.

And then another one.

Hmmm . . .

And another one.

Hey! Not so bad!

Mental note: this batch doesn't go with the lime chips. Plain chips are fine! Is there a chili taste? Yes. But it's not as overpowering as I thought. :::wipes salsa juice from chin::: It'll be fine. Nevertheless, I marked the first batch on the lids "C Salsa" so I'll remember that these are the ones that *would* be good in chili -- if I make some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alaska:

Would you share your salsa recipe? And perhaps your tomato soup recipe? Evem better, come on over and teach me in person! I have cheesecake!

Korrie in UT

The Queen said...

Cool! I didn't know you could can cheesecake!!

::snort:: I think I'm funny at 1 am.

Yes, I'll post the recipes for you tomorrow. They're all ripped off from my aunts who got them, I think, from a local (to them) Amish cookbook.