Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mania? Too Many Double Mint Oreos?

We'll never know the reason but every so often I have a kick-tush weekend like this one and even I, Alaska-the-never-really-satisfied, have to give myself a pat on the back.

:::pat, pat, pat:::

I met my work deadlines this week (Good, Girl! Here's a biscuit!)
I fed the kids mostly healthy food (Good, Mommy! Here's a biscuit!)
I canned a million tomatoes and strawberries and stuff (Mmmm, dip the biscuit in the soup!)
I resurrected the sour dough feeder (best kind of biscuits!)
I got enough of the living room reorganized and cleaned that I know I can finish the job completely tomorrow (Good, Mommy! Now take your biscuit and go do the basement.)
I made good progress on my blue sweater. (No crumbs on the sweater!)
I made good progress on the outside of the house. (No biscuits, the squirrels already ate them all.)
I didn't get squat for sleep though (BAD, Mommy! No, biscuit.)
And I did some emotional eating (shut up and give me the biscuits. and none of that low-salt stuff.)

Oops, all that back patting woke a baby. He probably smelled the biscuits. Off to bed!

3 comments:

Dy said...

But. But. Where'd you get the soup???

Great job!
Dy

Staci Eastin said...

You know, if I could get accomplished in one year what you got accomplished this last weekend, I'd celebrate with a whole bag of Oreos.

Great job.

The Queen said...

:D

O R E O

just saying it makes me happy.