Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dude, There Ought to Be a Warning on the Label

So I'm working on an interviewing project to expand my portfolio. As part of that I have to actually leave my house and go interview someone. So I did that this morning, and after one false start (my interviewee forgot our initial appointment, but when I contacted her, immediately made time for the interview) we had a very nice time together talking business. Between the initial appointment and the time we actually got together, I developed sinus problems. This is some kind of weird side effect of the medication I take, although a rare one. Since my nose insisted on gushing snot in response, I had to take something, so I took Benedryl. I made it through the interview okay, although I'm awfully glad I took very detailed notes on my computer instead of just jotting down key words because I would have been up a creek later when I tried to remember what she said.

Anyway, I went home and within 20 minutes passed out in one of the chairs. I managed to wake up long enough to answer the phone twice, (although I can't remember who I spoke with the second time) and then I gave up and went to bed.

It was a pleasant way to spend the day, but the day was mostly spent before I had enough brain cells working at the same time to actually write up the interview. Oh well.

Yesterday I wrote to Gary Ibsen at the Tomato Fest. I asked him for hints regarding the lack of germination of the Wonder Light. He wrote back that he's sending me a new packet, plus a packet of Dagma's Perfection tomato seeds. How cool is that? Actual real customer service. So I'm hoping those will arrive quickly and I can get them started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried a little afrin? Its ok if you only use it for a day or two at a time. Longer than that and you become a hopeless afrin junkie and for sure you're in malibu with a shaved head.
Anyway 15 mg of pseudoephedrin would probably also do the trick. You seem like a lightweight.
Dr J.