Saturday, November 11, 2006

GORP post

The first Santa Mitten is done. I couldn't use the other pattern exactly because I'm opposed to knitting flat when knitting in the round will work perfectly well and because I'm stubborn like that. But I used the picture, Lamb's Pride, Adriafil Stars, and a tiny bit of Lion Brand 100% wool in black to make Santa--and he actually looks pretty good.

Will post pictures and pattern when I'm done with the second mitten.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today Max's football team got to play for the State Championship. If they'd won they were supposed to go to New York for Thanksgiving weekend. They've never lost a game. Well, tonight they lost. I didn't get to go to the game--it was up in the Poconos and was just too far with the twins and my work. So I stayed home and worked and chewed my fingers until Max called an hour ago to say he was well and they were heading home soon. I don't think I'm the only parent who is proud of how well they did and relieved as heck that the season is FINALLY over.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ben and Milo and I ran some errands this afternoon. Everywhere we went they accosted strangers and told them, "Thor is dead but he escaped from underground and he was on his way home and was going to be just fine."

So, the adjustment is a slow one.

No comments: