Friday, February 16, 2007

As If I Weren't a Workaholic

I turned in today the last of the work that I have done on the project that has supported my family since November of 2005. That sort of long-term project is rare in my business and more work will come. I'm ready for something in fifth grade now :) That was a long time to spend back in first grade. But now--a pause in work has opened before me. I worry over it. I fret. So, this weekend I am going to assume that God has intentionally created a work slowdown for me, here in the spring of 2007, so that I can spend more time with my sons and less time with my computer. This weekend I am going to remember that most of the clients I might want to email and harass about work are . . . at their own homes with their own families, and I might as well wait till Monday.

This weekend I am going to try to make big progress on Chris' remaining sock and Max's sweater. I'm going to read parts of The Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball since Sunday's relief-society lesson is on that and it's been a few years since I last read it.

I'll clean off my desk and watch Beauty and the Beast with the kids (the only movie in this house that is mine).

I am not going to make Chris crazy by worrying and fretting over April's bills. I will accept the things I cannot change and change the things I can and pray a lot for guidance in knowing the difference.

I will try to enjoy this pause because if I *can* then this will be what my children remember of me when they are older--that I could and would stop and focus on them, and read with them, and sled with them, when the time called for it. I want that. I want them to know that when given the opportunity, I chose snow boots and a plastic sled over pointless worry and fear.

No comments: