Thursday, June 23, 2005

Free Free Free!

Before I head off to bed here . . .

If you're not familiar with freecycle.org, please go check them out. It's the greatest schtick -- as long as you're willing to follow the rules. Basically you go to the website, find the group nearest you, and sign up. In So Cal there were two near me and I signed up for both.

Seeing as how normally I am a Potlatch Giver and not an accumulator , I have gleefully used freecycle to rid our house of boxes, get rid of old mattresses, unwanted furniture, an ancient filing cabinet, and that sort of thing. I did *get* a ton of moving boxes -- at least half of our final number -- through freecycle in So Cal. And here, twice in one week, I've received an ancient, ugly, rusted (not rustic) but still perfectly functional compost bin (the kind that spins!) and a juicer. Whoo-hoo!

No comments: