Monday, August 01, 2005

From Donna's Blog

First, her question of the day:

Have you become friends with anyone you met (first) on the internet?

Twice. The first time I met a gal in the twin cities from whom I'd bought diapers. She was just so darn nice and she had twins only a smidge older than my twins. I still think she's just one of the nicest people on the planet and it's a shame I didn't make more of an effort to stay in touch after we left MN.

The second was Joyce who is also just top quality human being and who makes me laugh a lot. She's smart and honest and doesn't put up with a lot of crud. Just don't change plans on either of us at the last minute ;)


Now her Friday questions
Appetizer
Name 3 people whom you admire for their intelligence.
Well, Einstein, my brother, and Jill's husband Doug. But I know a LOT of really smart people so those are just the first three who popped into my head. I've also known a lot of really smart people I don't admire at all and over time when it comes to hero worship I tend to look for people who have their ethics straight or who worked their whole lives at knocking off vice after vice and they are the ones I hang around and kind of try to figure out how to be like them.

Soup
What's the last food you tried that you really didn't care for.
I tried some new dish a week or so ago that we all kind of gagged on. I don't remember what it was though. We decided it was a texture thing I think.

Salad
If you could rename the street that you live on, what would you want it to be called?
Does Too Exist Court

Main Course
When was the last time you were genuinely surprised?
Monday night. My friend threw a Pampered Chef party. I went to support her and because my pancake pan was completely trashed. I make pancakes a few times a week. Regular frying pans make that chore take forever. But when I got there she gave me a card from my aunt gifting me with the pan and, like, a million other items that I just can't wait to use. I love my kitchen. I got all sniffly. Never saw it coming. Outrageously generous. Incredibly thoughtful.

Dessert
Share a household tip.
Real cherry cobbler beats "bisquick" cobbler any day and it's just as easy to make.

No comments: